8th of Jan (Friday)
11th of Jan (Monday)
15th of Jan (Friday)
18th of Jan (Monday)
22nd of Jan (Friday)
25th of Jan (Monday)
29th of Jan (Friday)
Time: 9.30am - 10.30am
Platform: ZOOM (Details given when registered)
Space is limited to just 20 people so early booking is advisable. Please book before the 7th of December and you will be sent password and login details.
• Session 1: How to use your phone to make images and film for your online community. Find ways to utilise your phone to its fullest potential alongside the DIY
tips needed to create tripods and accessories needed for shooting images and film. All you need is your phone for this workshop.
• Session 2: How to video on your mobile phone and ipad/tablet using the free cross platform App ‘InShot’. This will cover everything you need to know from editing, adding titles, adding and recording sound and sharing the completed film.
• Session 3: Produce stop-motion animations and time-lapse on your mobile phone and ipad/tablet using free software called iMotion and Stop Motion Studio . This session will cover camera/phone setup, lighting and sound. Michael will also show examples of 2d and 3d animations to get you thinking of possible ideas and how it might suit your practice.
• Session 4: Broadcasting. Learn how to host events using Facebook live and Zoom. In this 60 minute session Michael will show you how to conduct all your PR for events using Facebook. Things to do and things not to do. He will also cover designing images for Facebook/Online events and when and how best to share them. In this time he will run through the Facebook Live options and also how to host Facebook Live events using external hardware. The session will end with a look at how Zoom can be used in your practice.
• Session 5: Learn how to produce documentaries using found footage online. In this workshop you will be shown online resources for archival maps, photographs, music, song and film. In the workshop you will be shown how to download videos from the internet using downloaders as well as using screen grabbing and recording. He will also look at You Tube and Instagram and show examples of free design apps such as InShot and Canva.
• Session 6: Using Free computer Apps such as Screen-cast O’Matic Michael will walk you through all you need to know when recording presentations and films etc using Screen-recording techniques. This is a simple and free tool and an invaluable skill to have when producing and sharing work.
Session 7. This final session shows how to record interviews by using free call-record software on your phone - ideal for radio interviews and podcasts. He will also show you how to use Zoom and Facetime to conduct interviews and record footage for film, podcast and documentary. This workshop will be handy for a variety of practices from music to film to documentary. He will also look at ways of saving and sharing video files including, WhatsApp, Wetransfer etc