Festival Launch 6pm at Con Smith Park
The first ever Cavan Arts Festival takes place on 21st and 22nd September 2018 in Cavan Town.
Friday 21st September, Culture Night 2018:
The Launch of the first ever Cavan Arts Festival in collaboration with Culture Night, Creative Ireland and Cavan Arts
Kicking off at 6pm in Con Smith Park in our beautiful Big Top and throughout Con Smith Park
- 6pm : Unveiling of art installations & sculptures specially created for the Con Smith Park by Cavan Artists Rosie Cole, Shane Carroll & Cavan's mens shed.
- 6pm : Jane Mc Cormack & Joe Keenan : "This Moment" : This Moment is a series of video portraits of Townhall people in the spirit of Andy Warhol's 1960s ScreenTests. We asked the sitter to sit silently in front of a video camera for 1 minutes. The collected footage is made into a multi screen video piece to mark the passing of what has been an amazing moment in the history of Townhall Cavan. This Moment was created by artist Jane McCormick and curated by Joe Keenan with support from Carrie Lewis, Jessie Keenan, Paul Farnan and Darren Kelly.
-6.30pm: Rebecca O'Connor Reading : From her debut novel 'he is mine and I have no other' published by Cannongate.
- 7pm : Martin Donohoe & Cavan Kendo Kai : A unique collaboration between a combination of learned patterns and ferocious sparring movements of Kendo performers with the traditional music of NYAH Comhaltas.
- 7.30pm : The Andensomes : Husband and wife duo, Karina Charles and Andrew Lynch, will perform music from their upcoming new album that features an eclectic fusion of electronica, rock and Celtic music.
- 8.00pm : 'Birding' Four mini shows, at 8pm, 8:15pm, 8.30pm and 8.45pm. Birding is a temporal theatre piece by Freda Donoghue, starring Sarah McKenna Dunne and Bernadette McDermot.
- 8.30pm : Darragh Slacke & Noel Monahan : A special Culture Night & Cavan Arts Festival Commission by two of Cavan's finest artists sharing a performance of music and poetry created in response to each artists work.
- 9pm : Fred Cook : Fred Cooke delivers a unique brand of comedy through his musical prowess and wild crafted physical story telling. He has worked on The Tommy Tiernan Show both on RTÉ and 2fm. Fred became a regular on the highly successful RTÉ Show, The Fear. He has been seen preparing a choral spectacle surprise at a proposal in the Electric Picnic, embarrassing one of his fans at the Vodafone Comedy Festival, and proposing to an unexpected lady in Dublin City Centre. His musical sketches are a constant hilarious success with his Republic of Telly Hidden Camera Prank reaching 1,661,213 hits on Youtube. Fred has frequently been invited to perform at the largest and most successful festivals both here and abroad, including the Cat Laughs Comedy Festival, the Vodafone Comedy Carnival, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Tampere Comedy Festival in Finland, London Irish Comedy Festival, Kells Hay Festival, Mayo Summer Festival, The Trim Satire Festival among others.
“Fred Cooke is ready to step into the premier league of Irish funnymen.” HOT PRESS
- 10pm : Larry Beau : Irish Troubadour Larry Beau brings high drama and soul to The Big Top on Friday night in Gothic Folk style. Special Guests on the night include Maestro Cormac McCann and Old Crow Burke.
- 10.30pm : Festival Club - Upstairs in The Orchard Bar, Drumalee, Cavan.
Bluetack & The Green Horns.....Dance farewell to that steamy summer in our Festival Club
Saturday 22nd September:
To be announced, see cavanartsfestival.ie for more details of follow us on fb, twitter & instagram : cavanartsfestival
CULTURE NIGHT FREE EVENT