Ramor Theatre runs a full programme of events and is home to Livin' Dred Theatre Company, Ramor Film Club and a member of the NOMAD network of venues.
It also facilitates development of community theatre through the Ramor Players who present productions annually. Ramor Theatre is supported by The Arts Council and Cavan County Council.
Ramor Theatre was erected around 1845 as St. Mary’s Catholic Church on a site given by the Marquis of Headfort. Despite strong opposition from two of his estate agents it was built within nine months, a remarkable feat in famine times. In the 1980’s, with the population increase in the area, St. Mary’s Church became inadequate and uncomfortable and the last mass was celebrated on the 7th October 1989.
In 1994 the Cavan County Manager, Mr Brian Johnston, brought about its conversion into a professional Theatre space. The project was widely supported and it became a FÁS training scheme. The finished product it is today: a modern, luxurious, comfortable Theatre with a seating capacity of 116, fosters a rich artistic and cultural life to the County.
Click here for Theatre seating plan
The Theatre also has a Wine Bar which is also used as a space to exhibit artwork.
>> Click here to download Floorplan 1.1
>> Click here to download Floorplan 1.2
Ramor Film Club
Still from Adoration
Ramor Film was established in 2004. The Club is run on a voluntary basis by Freda Donoghue in collaboration with Ramor Theatre. Each season a the Club screens a selection of excellent films from around the world, including Classics, films with a Cult status, and by special request from its members. The Club also screens a special feature for the Bealtaine programme and has screenings for younger audiences. For further information contact Freda on firstname.lastname@example.org